I think there is a lot of people who started to create games inspired by Asteroids, it’s nice to see that a piece of videogame history is still alive thanks to people like us.
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Fasteroids began as a very simple black and white clone of Asteroids and has been evolving into the space shooter it is now. Avoid and shoot asteroids of various sizes. After wave 4 smaller asteroids appear when medium-sized asteroids are shot, the smaller the asteroid the more points.
For even more points shoot the UFO's that appear. UFO's enter from either side of the screen and at various speeds - some are slow, some are very fast. Each 5 waves you're awarded a bonus ship. When you're on your last ship it flashes in the left corner of the screen.
Fasteroids is under continuous development with a number of other features coming soon. The downloadable is an executable, just download and run/no installing. At this point Fasteroids is available only for Windows.
Thanks to ThinMatrix (gamedev inspiration), Shaun Spalding (first intro to GameMaker), and all the GameMaker Youtubers for their excellent tutorials and inspiring videos. Without them this game wouldn't have been possible.
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio|
|Tags||Arcade, Asteroids, atari, fasteroids, Pixel Art, Retro, Shoot 'Em Up, Singleplayer, Space|
|Average session||A few seconds|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
|Links||Official Page (old downloads)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- [Ubuntu and Windows] High score saving, user interface tweaks1 day ago
- High Scores are back, galaxies, and code organization8 days ago
- [Ubuntu] Menus and Asteroids20 days ago
- [Windows update] Menus, Asteroids20 days ago
- [Feel] UI changes, voice changes, another asteroid23 days ago
- [Feel] Animations and explosions, Ubuntu adjustment28 days ago
- [Fix & Feel] UFO behaviours, screen shake, end of game, and music30 days ago
- [Feel] UFO explosions33 days ago
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I really liked your asteroid ramake, your remake is more true to the original than mine, very funny, I made 1500 kks points